Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dear December, Please Do Stay Awhile. Maybe a Month? Thanks!

Sooo, I know it's only been a day since our eyes have met, but I just couldn't wait any longer to tell you of my extraordinary discovery. And in Sweet Love style, there is a story to go along with it.


Try and picture the last time you slept in...it was awesome, right? Now, try and picture that last time you slept in when you shouldn't have, because you had an array of things to do like battle holiday Orcs disguised as humans at the post office cuz you wanted to mail Christmas cards to your family abroad.


I decided to steer clear of pictures of the Lord of the Rings Orcs.
They're too nasty for me, not to mention unhygienic.

That may have been what I had to deal with this morning...but alas, I had slept in! Realizing what I'd done, I jumped out of bed like a Ninja! Well, I jumped off the couch. I happened to be re-watching season 3 of The Office when I accidently knocked out last night.


Moving on, it's  about time I get to my point. One of the things I was hoping to do today before my Asian assassin transformation, was invite December in with some chocolatey cheer. And in the Sweet Love spirit of complexity, I filled my kitchen with the smell of these.



Behold! The Raspberry Chèvre Marble Nut-Butter Brownie! Love has morphed itself in to the shape of a 2" x 2" treat. I know this sounds a little over done, but if you've ever been privileged, and brave enough, to try goat cheese and chocolate together, you may have not wanted to ever eat anything else. Ever.



Well, since I started writing to you, I've devoured FIVE brownies, spilt my some of my venti peppermint mocha on my laptop keyboard, and listened to 3 different renditions of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" thanks to my Pandora Christmas station, of which I believe the Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel version to be the best.



However, Mr. Redbone is quite aged. Does anyone else find it a tad creepy that the old guy is singing to a, then, 23-year-old Zooey? Maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Leave one of those goat cheese and chocolate thingeys for me please!

    ReplyDelete