Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Results Are In...Carrots, You Are The Father!

Here I sit, at my kitchen island wondering what to start this post with. Well for starters, today I am graced with the presence of my little sister who decided to take a mental health day out from high school. She probably won't in the end, but what I would give to have gotten away with that sort of nonsense. This is what her mental health day entailed:



Cuddling our cranky Pomeranian, Lola, on the couch, watching five (yes, five!) tivo'd episodes of the Maury Show, and beating all her friends at the Facebook version of Snake since she had the advantage of not being in school. She did, however, make me an omelet and help decorate our fake Christmas tree...sort of.



I know, right? Lame. Real Christmas trees got the boot from our house two years ago. Since then we've resorted to pine scented candles. Double lame. Well, seeing as I was not in the Christmas spirit as much as usual, I turned on Pandora Christmas Station, waited until "Mele Kalikimaka" by Bing Crosby rotated around, and threw these in the oven!



The Original, and always tasty, Carrot Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Beautiful and in no need of further explanation, except that I may have added a tiny bit of edible glitter after I took these pictures for that Sweet Love savoir faire.



Anyone ever read Blue Like Jazz By Donald Miller? Remember Sexy Carrot and how Don Rabbit chased her? 



Wished he would chased her into my kitchen...what a floozie!

No comments:

Post a Comment