Monday, November 8, 2010

Is it Donuts or Doughnuts?...Anyone?...Bueller?








This holiday season has already been pretty amazing. By the way, any holiday that occurs between October and January is what I consider holiday season. Sorry Valentine's day, but you've let me down way too many times, and therefore must be punished.

At any rate, I started my Halloween morning with my usual cup of tea and some homemade beignets that just happened to be filled with bananas, chocolate, and rum, Oh My!


For all you hooligans out there, a beignet is a fancy doughnut hole. If you come and have tea with me, I will serve you some. And please don't be offended if I proceed to offer you domestication classes.

Anyway, you might die after I tell you what  happened next. I decided to put the beignets inside a cupcake. Ok, I put them inside 36 cupcakes...



We have here a vanilla sponge with a chocolate rum Italian frosting and, indeed, a crap ton of beignet lovin in the middle. Listen, I've tried simple. It just doesn't work for me. But this might be the closest I'll get.


Also, please don't shoot me. I know it's been a while since I've written you. I have no excuses...

Well, apart from kickin it with my girl, Meg...

Sean Feldman as Meg Whitman
(Yes, for Halloween)


Homegirl lost an election! Girl time was a must. We binged on Cinnabons and gabbed about Dancing With The Stars. I think I convinced her to appear next season. She just needed a shoulder to cry on.

I was that shoulder.



No comments:

Post a Comment